The aim of this course is to teach personnel how to recognise and control hazardous substances and how to prevent them being a danger to health in the workplace.
Who should attend the course?
Any personnel responsible for COSHH in the work environment.
- Duties under the regulations
- Prohibition relating to certain substances
- Applying the regulations
- Assessment of the harm involved with using hazardous substances
- Prevention and control of exposure to substances hazardous to health
- How to use control measures
- Maintenance, examination and testing of control measures
- How to monitor the exposure at work
- Health surveillance
- Actions taken to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies
- Provisions taken relating to certain fumigations
- Exemption certificates
- Revocation and savings
- Control of carcinogenic substances
- Extra provisions taken when using vinyl chloride
- Additional provisions relating to work with biological agents
- Controlling substances that cause occupational asthma
Half a day
For further information, please call 01473 830255