Single Ply Training
Special Apprenticeship Program (SAP) in Single Ply? Not heard of it before? Well its a new concept designed by SPRA for apprenticeships in non-traditional roofing occupations. How does it differ to a traditional apprenticeship? Surprisingly very little – it is an apprenticeship but delivered on-site with 25 days in the workshop /classroom.
So what does it involve?
- 25 days workshop “hands on” training.
- On-site assessment & training.
- Some classroom tuition.
- Course duration over 1 year.
- Enrolment and achievement of a Level 2 QCF in Applied Waterproof Membranes – Single Ply.
- Obtain a full craft Blue CSCS card.
- Learn about preparing backgrounds, Mechanical Fixed, Fully Adhered Systems and application of products including trims and fixings.
- Grants available subject to CSkills terms & conditions.
This apprenticeship program was created by the Single Ply Roofing Association and is endorsed by ConstructionSkills. For more information, visit SPRA’s website: http://www.spra.co.uk/training-careers/level-2-nvq-single-ply-sap/