Heritage Apprenticeship (SAP)
Would your company like to diversify and tender for heritage work? Are you aware that to tender for Heritage / Trust projects you must have someone within the company who is a qualified heritage CSCS card holder? Are you a roofer looking to obtain a heritage qualification? In both instances we can help.
We deliver a Level 3 Heritage Apprenticeship program at our centre. The course is aimed at those who hold a Level 2 Slate & Tile NVQ/QCF or those who can prove they have experience in laying slates & tiles. There are no age barriers so anyone can become a SAP apprentice although employer preferred age tends to be 18 plus
The course is over 12 months and includes:
- 30 days “hands on” in the workshop laying pegs, pans, slates, stone and clay tiles.
- Prepare and dress materials ready for fixing.
- Work with horse hair and split lathes (battens)
- Use of limes in roof work.
- What do we use instead of lead?
- Classroom tuition.
- Use traditional locally sourced materials.
- On-Site Assessments and Training (OSAT)
- Registration and enrolment to a Heritage QCF level 3 award.
- Field visits to heritage and trust properties.
The Special Apprenticeship Program (SAP) is endorsed by ConstructionSkills, NFRC, English Heritage and National Trust. Grants are available subject to CITB terms and conditions. The National Heritage Training Group web site has advice on bursaries.
For more information please call 01473 744412