The aim of this course is to provide knowledge and understanding of the safety aspects, the safe use of, and the storage of ladders. It ensures that all employees are aware of, and are complying with the Health & Safety at Work Act and Regulations and the company`s safety policy. All employees who are either required to use ladders themselves or to supervise others in the use of ladders need to be trained to use them safely and securely.
Once training is complete the candidate will be able to detect ladder defects and erect and work safely on various types of ladders in compliance with the Occupational Health Act and Regulations.
Who Should Attend The Course?
Anyone who’s day to day work duties involves the use of ladders.
- All ladders including step ladders
- Brief overview of “Working at Height”
- Correct Handling
- Different working locations
- Fault identification
- Identification of different types of ladders
- Inspection of safety equipment
- Practical inspections
- Reduction of risks to operators in falls from heights
- Setting up and use of safety equipment and PPE
- Safe working practices
- Use of essential safety equipment required to reduce risk
Half a day.
For further information, please call 01473 744412