The aim of this course is to provide the relevant knowledge that allows individuals to be aware of the dangers and hazards of using abrasive wheels/diamond blades.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone that works within the manufacturing and construction industry and uses abrasive wheels/diamond blades in their day to day job.
- A brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998.
- The correct use of PPE.
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels.
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels.
- Diamond Wheels.
- Electric and Petrol Machines.
- Safe use of the machines and equipment.
- Question papers with feedback from course delegates
For further information, please call 01473 744412.