Our 5 Day Slate & Tile Course is delivered from our training in centre in Ipswich. The course is designed for those that are wishing to improve their skills in Slate & Tile Roofing. Below is a short duration craft course designed to make the most of your time in our centre. If requested we can add or delete to the syllabus.
- Health and safety induction to workshop.
- Introduction to roofing hand tools/power tools.
- Insight into roof types/designs.
- Installing felt (underlays) to general roof areas.
- Working with variable gauge tiles/tile types.
- Installing battens/cutting battens.
- Setting out and marking roofs.
- Loading the roof ready for tiling.
- Laying tiles to general areas.
- Cutting tiles to valleys & hips.
- Laying tiles to verges, valleys & hips.
- Mixing mortar.
- Bedding tiles to verges.
- Ridges – dry and wet fix.
- Bedding ridges/use of dentils.
- Natural and artificial slate.
- Tooling for installing natural slates.
- Capillary reaction.
- Installing battens for slates/artificial slates.
- Laying slates to general areas.
- Laying slates to eaves, hips, valleys, verges and ridgeline.
- Vertical areas.
- Leadwork – fixing soakers to abutments.
- Basic apron flashings.
Connor Hinchley – JC Jakes Roofing
Cost £750 + VAT
For more information on this please call us on 01473 744412.